Nuclear Risk Perception and Communication (NRPC) @ NIAS
To address various determinants of nuclear risk perception
and factors influencing social acceptance of nuclear energy.
We believe in a world where the public understands of the risks and benefits associated with nuclear power. Enable people in informed decision-making in a democratic environment. Our mission is to develop an objective and transparent framework of risk communication and empower the next generation. Addressing the fear of radiation and other concerns relating to nuclear energy is the approach being adopted. We believe that it is important to make informative and objective analysis of issues of public concern is the way forward. Proactive interactions with people is essential for effective risk communication strategies. More…
- Nuclear technology is solving the water crisis in ZimbabweNuclear technology is not just providing a carbon-free source of energy but also aiding to tackle the severe water crises. The application of nuclear technology is providing solutions to tackle the worldwide problem of water crises and drought. With Zimbabwe facing serious water crises and drought, International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) is working towards possibleContinue reading “Nuclear technology is solving the water crisis in Zimbabwe”
- Protecting Nuclear Facilities from Natural HazardsCritical facilities infrastructure is vulnerable to the impact of natural hazards. These impacts can trigger the release of toxic substances, fires, and explosions, potentially resulting in health effects, environmental pollution, and economic losses. For instance, in 2013 a landslide in Ecuador damaged the Trans-Ecuadorian oil pipeline and resulted in transboundary pollution incident, Hurricane Harvey causedContinue reading “Protecting Nuclear Facilities from Natural Hazards”
- Insights & Anecdotes from a Nuclear Risk CommunicatorNuclear Energy has been synonymously associated with risk, however, the perception of risk related to nuclear are subjected to various social and cultural factors as well as anti-nuclear lobby. Taking into consideration the resistance and misinformation concerning a novel technology such as nuclear energy in India and around the world, the need of the hour isContinue reading “Insights & Anecdotes from a Nuclear Risk Communicator”
- Atoms for human rightsEver wondered how peaceful use of atoms can be used for human right? On the Human Rights Day 2020, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) highlighted some key benefits of nuclear science related to human rights: the right to an adequate standard of living, the right to benefit from scientific progress and the right to the highest-attainable standard of health. IAEA’s statutory mission: “accelerate and enlarge theContinue reading “Atoms for human rights”
- Nuclear Risk Perception – Survey #2Loading…
- Summary of “Let us Discuss RiskComm” with Prof VS Ramamurthy“Let us Discuss RiskComm” There is no aspect of human life that is untouched by science and technology in some form or another. High technology products and services are no longer the luxuries of the rich. Although the public perceives science as the provider of the solutions to enhance the quality of life, novel technologies areContinue reading “Summary of “Let us Discuss RiskComm” with Prof VS Ramamurthy”
It is always important to ask questions before making an opinion. Perhaps you’re to know about the effects of radiation on human beings? Or weather the safety of Nuclear Power Plants are adequate? Please let us know, write to us, we’ll provide you the answers and reach you out.
You can get involved by becoming a Volunteer. Just send us e-mail indicating your domains of interest, how you would like to get involved and your preferred social media platforms. It is important to network to create an impact and provide authentic and important information about nuclear energy, to enable people to take informed decisions.
Ascertaining what people think and perceive is an important step in arriving at effective communication strategies. Periodically, we would conduct Surveys and Polls to reach out to people. The focus would be relating to Nuclear…
Social Media Channels
Please stay tuned on all the social media channels for updates and posts. We request all to like, share, comment and subscribe to the channels and posts.