Nuclear Risk Perception and Communication (NRPC) @ NIAS
To address various determinants of nuclear risk perception
and factors influencing social acceptance of nuclear energy.
We believe in a world where the public understands of the risks and benefits associated with nuclear power. Enable people in informed decision-making in a democratic environment. Our mission is to develop an objective and transparent framework of risk communication and empower the next generation. Addressing the fear of radiation and other concerns relating to nuclear energy is the approach being adopted. We believe that it is important to make informative and objective analysis of issues of public concern is the way forward. Proactive interactions with people is essential for effective risk communication strategies. More…
- Summary of “Let us Discuss RiskComm” with Prof VS Ramamurthy“Let us Discuss RiskComm” There is no aspect of human life that is untouched by science and technology in some form or another. High technology products and services are no longer the luxuries of the rich. Although the public perceives science as the provider of the solutions to enhance the quality of life, novel technologies areContinue reading “Summary of “Let us Discuss RiskComm” with Prof VS Ramamurthy”
- Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC)Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, previously known as Atomic Energy Establishment (AEET), was instituted in January 1954 for multidisciplinary research program essential for the ambitious nuclear program of India. BARC carry out pioneering research on nuclear and accelerator technologies. The beginning of the research being pursued at IGCAR, RRCAT, VECC etc has originated at BARC. The research carried out at BARC has led toContinue reading “Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC)”
- Meaning of Nuclear Safety, Security & SafeguardAn interesting video by UNSW explaining nuclear safety, security and safeguard
- Stories of Risk CommunicationMisconceptions, Misinformation & the Media Nuclear Energy in India has faced oppositions from both anti-nuclear groups and the general public. These sentiments stem from fear and a lack of proper understanding of both science as well as policy. Dr. KS Parthasarathy narrates his run ins with the media and handling of misconceptions & misinformation duringContinue reading “Stories of Risk Communication”
- Nuclear Risk Perception – SurveyThis Survey is part of our research relating to Risk Perception & Communication in the Nuclear Energy Domain. It aims to gather perception of Nuclear Energy among the people of India. It would take ~5 minutes to complete the survey. Your inputs would be valuable and we thank you in advance for your time.
- Risk Perceptions of Plague Through MilleniaProf. Dinesh Kumar Srivastava walks us through the History of Plagues, Vaccines, Risk Management and Communication…
It is always important to ask questions before making an opinion. Perhaps you’re to know about the effects of radiation on human beings? Or weather the safety of Nuclear Power Plants are adequate? Please let us know, write to us, we’ll provide you the answers and reach you out.
You can get involved by becoming a Volunteer. Just send us e-mail indicating your domains of interest, how you would like to get involved and your preferred social media platforms. It is important to network to create an impact and provide authentic and important information about nuclear energy, to enable people to take informed decisions.
Ascertaining what people think and perceive is an important step in arriving at effective communication strategies. Periodically, we would conduct Surveys and Polls to reach out to people. The focus would be relating to Nuclear…
Social Media Channels
Please stay tuned on all the social media channels for updates and posts. We request all to like, share, comment and subscribe to the channels and posts.